Thursday, August 27, 2009

FINALLY FACEBOOK!

So I know I'm probably the last person on earth to sign up for a Facebook account, lol, and for that matter by now, maybe most people have already moved on to Twitter, who knows? I am accustomed to be the last to try out everything. It's just the way I am and I'm comfortable with that, but I finally bit the bullet and signed up about 2 weeks ago on the urging of a couple friends:-)

It's been a pretty fast, furious and interesting couple of weeks. I am amazed at how many people I have reconnected with so quickly. People from my college days at Stanford, friends from the Bahamas when I was in high school, lots of track friends, from back in the day and current. I actually didn't even know that I knew that many people!!! I also didn't know how quickly people would find out that I was on there. My blackberry has been buzzing off the hook. I think I need to remove the phone notification setting. Plus, I see so many more friends that I have out there that I'll eventually get around to sending friend requests to but for the time being it's been fun and I've been enjoying the experience.

There's definitely some stuff on there that I haven't quite figured out yet, like how to add more than one profile pic or how to stop people from seeing that you're online and stop them from starting "chats". I don't really get the whole poking thing and I think that some people spend waaay too much time on there. I think I'm up to about 150 or 160 something friends but if any of you, my blog readers are on Facebook and want a new rookie friend:-) then feel free to add me.

Hey, maybe Twitter will be next.....ahhhh, NOT, lol....at least no time soon!


***On another note, David made a successful return to competition after an almost four month layoff due to injury. He won his race in Tallinn on Tuesday night and I was pretty darned excited and happy about it:-) It's funny how you can get nervous about someone else racing. Anyway, there's an even bigger race coming up tomorrow in Zurich, Switzerland. It's the biggest meet of the year on the track circuit and the lineups are always impressive. Coming on the heels of the recent World Championships, all the recently crowned medalists will be there - everyone from Usain Bolt to Kenenisa Bekele to Sanya Richards will be competing... and so will Dave. It's gonna be a great race and I'll surely be watching!!!!

3 comments:

anonymousnupe said...

Could an anonymous Nupe be your frin? Yeah, FB can be confusing. It's really not the most intuitive app ever. And my perception is that the features are always evolving, usually without notice. That is, things don't always seem to work the same way from one experience to the next. And it's so counterproductive during the 9-to-5. But it’s so intriguing! Just for kicks, see CNN’s list of the 12 Most Annoying Types of Facebookers.

Garret said...

I love Scrabble on facebook!

Unknown said...

The GPS tracking system monitors the job of the automobile regularly and transmits it to a computer or smart phone in Stay 100% Undetectable with Phone Tracker App.