Thursday, December 25, 2008

WISHING YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS....


This is probably the best time of year! I get to spend time with my family and celebrate the birth of Christ. I went to Christmas Eve service last night and my dad preached an awesome sermon. It made me proud to be his daughter. Today will be spent quietly - relaxing, eating, watching the Lakers beat the Celtics:), opening presents, and just enjoying being together. My mind and heart will also be with those who I cannot physically be with, those persons who I love and care for and who love and care about me. You know who you are. Thanks for making my life as rich and fulfilling as it is!

There is a framed quotation that hangs in the entry way of my parent's home. I gave it to them a couple years ago and it's called Life's Little Instructions. I thought it was really appropriate to share at this time of year as we come to the end of another year. It says:

Every so often push your luck.
Never underestimate the power of a kind word or deed.
Never give up on anybody, miracles happen every day.
Become the most positive person and enthusiastic person you know.
Learn to listen.
Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures.
Don't expect others to listen to your advice and ignore your example.
Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Don't forget a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
Make new friends but cherish the old ones.
Don't use time or words carelessly; neither can be retrieved.
Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health and love.
Smile a lot: It costs nothing and is beyond price.
-H. Jackson Brown, 1994



MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

11 comments:

anonymousnupe said...

So, like, why "the hotness" pics?! Dang. You just messed me up on Christmas mornin'.

On another note, sorry about the Lakers, but, er ruh, no. They'll become the 20th straight victim of the Cs today. Rondo an'nem have just got it WORKIN'!

Our savior is born! Hallelujah!

Garret said...

I love the pictures! Awesome all-dolled up. Merry Christmas!

Your white, queer, RV roaming guy in the US,
Garret

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Jackie-especially the top picture :-)

While I don't celebrate Christmas, I did spend time with some family and watched my third generation cousins open their gifts and one of them happened to be a Nintendo Wii and I had blast on that thing.

I hope that you have enjoyed your Christmas.

anonymousnupe said...

I stand corrected. Ain't neva seen L.A. play D like that! What a Christmas present! Looking forward to their next Tango.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Merry Christmas, Jackie!!

Anonymous said...

You looking fierce, Ms. Jackie!

Merry Christmas to you!

I like the Life's Little Instructions. I believe the first line applies to what we chatted about today. Push your luck, my dear;)

Jackie E. said...

Hey there Mr.Nupe......I'm trying soooo hard not to gloat right now:) I thoroughly enjoyed the game. It was hot all the way until the last minute or so. Yeah, the Lakers D today was outstanding and I can't wait for the next round too!!!

Everyone else...thanks for the kind words. Peace and blessings to everyone!

eclectik said...

wow.

I wish I were your type.

Robyn.K.Y said...

you look so serious in the pic lol..hey where is the smile anyway you are beautiful.Happy new year.

Anonymous said...

Dil öğrenimi için başlıca merkezlerden biri olan Malta;
İngilizce öğrenme sürecini Akdeniz' in kültürü ve harika doğal güzelliği ile birleştirmek isteyenler için ideal bir seçim.
İngilizce adanın resmi dili ve heryerde konuşuluyor.

Felix said...

Hey, there is really much worthwhile material in this post!
check this site