Sunday, June 22, 2008

TRAINING/OLYMPIC TRIALS UPDATE

Prompted by 12Kyle, I figured I'd give a brief update on how my preparations are coming along. Time has flown by and believe it or not, my Olympic Trials are this upcoming weekend in Nassau, Bahamas. The women's long jump will take place at 5pm on Saturday afternoon. This year has been a lesson in diligence and dedication and with less than a week to go, I am finally feeling confident about what I know I can do.

Year in and year out, whenever I go home, something about the atmosphere and the expectations and the excitement of it all, always brings out the best in me. The home crowd is always very supportive, the location of the long jump pit in our National stadium is right near the stands and so the energy that I can draw from the crowd is great!

For such a small country (only around 300,000 people), The Bahamas is a powerful little track nation. To continuously produce medalists at every major championships in everything from the gold in the women's 4X100m relay in the 2000 Olympics in Sydney to the silver in the men's 100m at the World Championships in Osaka last year to the gold in the men's high jump last year also, I am proud to represent such a great country.

I will be leaving on Thursday morning and although I have already met the Olympic qualifying mark necessary to compete in Beijing, it is still imperative that I go home and win and do well. Please include me in your prayers and wish me health, strength, focus and God's speed.

Just as an added extra, I thought I would post a few pictures from training recently that were given to me by Andre Brown. Thanks 'Dre, I really appreciate it. This is what I really look like on an average day at work......

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.......Good luck at your nationals.

How do you stay focused daily being around David with his shirt off. ;)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u do it woman
sound like u focused
keep it up folk

Eb the Celeb said...

Good luck missy and safe travels!

anonymousnupe said...

Fortunately for us there's nothing average about the way you look everyday at work. And what a gal! She even rakes her own pit!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ anonymous.

I can only see 1 pic. Must be my blasted computer.

You will most assuredly be in my prayers and thoughts. Remember the words to the song I sent you. =) You will do just fine, sis.

dessex said...

Good Luck, and I will make sure I check for you in August.

Mizrepresent said...

The pics are great! I am so pulling for you and will most def keep you in my prayers lady!

Dana said...

Oh Jackie, you're going to do so great!! I can't wait to hear all of the exciting news when you return!! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!! I wish you the best of luck!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie,

I agree. There's nothing "average" or "ordinary" about you. Believe it! May your "Big Dream" for 2008 come true.

I will be praying for you and the safety of all the athletes who will be traveling and competing in the 2008 Olympics.

Manchild

Jackie E. said...

Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the good wishes. I truly appreciate the support. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it all goes down!

Anonymous said...

Not much I will say this time around Jackie, other than, I wish you the best in your continued journey. The clock is tickin' down sista :-]

:::Marcus LANGFORD:::