The past couple of weeks here in Orlando have been RIDICULOUSLY hot!! I mean we have been sweating our behinds off out at the track in spite of the fact that practice has been moved to 5pm. As a result, on a day like today, we didn't leave the weightroom headed home until after 9pm!! I mean it's great for training in regards to the fact that we can warmup really well and our muscles are loose. The downside is how many tan lines I now have - around my ankles where my socks are, jog bra, half tights, wristwatch - everywhere. I almost look like a painting, lol!! I swear I've turned 10 shades of black since I've been here. Gotta love it, though. I feel like I'm back home in The Bahamas.
I started thinking about the top 10 things I like to do when it's REALLY hot and here they are:
10) It's probably the only time I don't mind walking in the rain.
9) Getting in the car and pumping up the AC to high!
8) You know what, ice baths are actually a pleasure on a hot day.
7) I haven't done it in a while but going to a water theme park.
6) Cold shower
5) Drinking an icee or slurpee
4) Laying in my bed with the AC on, and flipping the pillow over to the cool side.
3) To be honest, just get me outta that heat! Give me an indoor activity....going to the mall, movies, bookstore...
2) Competing at track meet. We're all warm and ready! Let the best woman win!
1) Going to the beach in Nassau at around 6 or 7pm or so, when the sun is not as high, but the water is still 80 or 90 degrees!
I gave my best...
6 years ago