Sunday, April 6, 2008

IF YOU REALLY KNEW ME....

If you really knew me, you would know....

....that I am afraid of any kind of bug or reptile

....that I took 8 years of piano and play pretty well

.....that I speak French

.....that I cried the last time I went on one of those freefall rides at Great America (tears actually fell, yes lame I know)

....that my favorite type of movies are Romantic Comedies

....that I often will go to the bookstore to read magazines instead of buying them

....that my father has a name that I have never heard before....Nymphas - and his middle name is Raguel. He is neither Greek nor Spanish - go figure, LOL!!. And to think he wanted my mother to name my brother after him. Thank goodness she said no!!

....that the older I get, the less I like to fly. Yes, I'm the girl grabbing the armrests when there is any sign of turbulence.

....that I was once contacted by ABC to be The Bachelorette - the one woman picking from 25 men. I politely declined.

....that I was contacted two weeks ago by NBC to be an American Gladiator. Also declined. There is a sporting event coming up in a few months that might be slightly more important:) But you never know about next year, especially after I was told about the huge 6 figure salary that they pay!!

....that I have a high game in bowling of 264

....that Im afraid to be upside down

....that I can sew - pretty much anything - pants, button-up shirt, skirt, curtains, dresses

....that I've only ever had 2 speeding tickets and the first one was for going 38mph in a 30mph zone -oh you know I was hot!!!

....that I sang The Lord's Prayer as a solo once at my dad's church about 5 years ago. Can you say nervous????

....that I can bench press about 200 lbs.

....that I don't have any tattoos

....that I like a guy with a fresh haircut and that I like a guy with nice teeth and I LOVE a guy who smells good....ahhh, excuse me while I daydream for a moment...

where was I??? oh yeah...

....that I've been a bridesmaid 4 times

....that I look horrible in anything strapless

....that I have a house in Austin, TX

....that I graduated high school at 16 and scored 1250 on my SAT

.....that I am a closet dancer - I know how to do most of all the latest dances but I wouldn't dare do them in public:(

....that I was the National Spelling Bee champion

....that I can do the splits, only with my right leg in front though

....that I am the "official white man magnet"!! They will find me through a crowd, LOL! And yes, I've been an equal opportunity employer:)

....that I sleep without a pillow

....that when I'm upset or tired or around other Caribbean people, my accent tends to be really strong

....that I've travelled to more than 50 countries

....and oh yeah - I ran that relay this past weekend and surprise, surprise, it actually was pretty painless!! I didn't fall or make a fool of myself but that whole starting from the blocks thing, yeah that needs a bit of work!

What are 2 things about you that people might not know???

16 comments:

12kyle said...

8 years of piano? Wow! I wish i had stuck with it. I quit after 4 lessons. LOL

I too...hate turbulence

National Spelling Bee Champ??? Impressive!!!

Please don't be the white man magnet. We need to hang on to our sistas. LOL

As for 2 things about me that people don't know...

1. when I was in high school I was voted to the All-Region Team AND I made All-State CHORUS. Yes...I was a football player who was in the choir. I was in the honors chorus at my high school all 4 yrs.

2. I am a HUGE Geography buff.

Anonymous said...

Interesting info, Jackie!

I like reading magazines at the bookstore, too, instead of buying them. Usually when I do purchase, it's so full of crap that I wished I had read it in the store.

1250 on the SAT? Go'on then!! I'm never telling my score.

Awww, come on, Jackie. You should've been the Bachelorette! Would've been fun.

Two things about me:

1. I used to have tomboy tendencies.
2. I'm indecisive.

L. Renee' said...

This is pretty impressive! You go girl!

Two things people might not know about me are
1. My family owned 4 horses when I was growing up. I'm a city girl but my family owned and boarded horses on a small farm not far from D.C. My job was to feed them and when they saw me coming with the feed pail they would charge towards me. I hated that job. LOL

2. I am a closet medical expert. Anything ailing you I can diagnose it and treat it. After you go to the Doctor you will almost always come back and tell me that I was right on the money. What can I say? I have indian in my family. (smile)

Mizrepresent said...

I love your list, i am so impressed with the Natl Spelling Bee Champ, 1250 on the SAT's and that you were approached twice about being on tv, go'on girl. And girl i hate all bugs.

I hate flying too.

1.That in high school i was part of singing group, who made a commercial for barbecue sauce.

2.That i used to read the obituaries, daily.

Brianna said...

ok...i knew 24 of the things on the list. so i think that means i know you pretty well!

yes, jackie "walks it out" and does the "souljah boi" in her bedroom all by herself.

ok...i think i'll just create my own list since i don't have anything worth blogging about today anyway.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

im with Kyle , the spelling bee is impressive

I sleep with 6 pillows, seven if u include my 2 year old angel/monsta (lol)

and every woman i know are petrified at insects (and that dont bode well when u own a fat crib on 11 acres for a single man)

i scored 690 on my SAT but they say my IQ is 185

LBNL i added u to the roll sister

Don said...

Props on the Spelling Bee. After elementary I never entered into any more of 'em. I finished 2nd place. Broke my heart.

Those are some sweet invitations. Olympic training declines?

that my favorite type of movies are Romantic Comedies Interesting, I just posted this on someone's blog.

....that I often will go to the bookstore to read magazines instead of buying them Same here, except I will actually sit and fast read a chapter or two.


Three things:

Hmmm,

1)I scored 24 & 31 on the ACT test in 11th and 12th grade

2) I dropped out of college after only 3 semesters. Love. Joined the Army - left after only 11 months. Yep, love.

3) I just finished writing a novel.

Anonymous said...

what a good way to learn some new things about you jackie :-]

Marcus LANGFORD

Eb the Celeb said...

you should have so done the bachelorette

i envy your piano skills... I wanted to play so bad and everyone even used to say I had piano hands when I was little... I just didnt have the patience.

Dana said...

I'm an OLD MAN magnet!! LOL Not a good look!!=) <== That should definitely count for 2!! LOL

Anonymous said...

and let me find out your read the magazines while at the bookstore. lol. i do the same thing. the only magazine i buy is 'muscular development'. i don't feel any of the others are worth the money, especially the car magazines [which i love too].

Marcus LANGFORD

Anonymous said...

Do you know what your father's name means? Nymphus is a name from the Bible, and it means 'bridegroom', as in Christ is the bride and the Church is His bridegroom. Amazingly appropos, considering your father's profession. Of course, your brother's name is biblical as well, yet far more common. It means something like God's glory.

Anonymous said...

Do you know what your father's name means? Nymphus is a name from the Bible, and it means 'bridegroom', as in Christ is the bride and the Church is His bridegroom. Amazingly appropos, considering your father's profession. Of course, your brother's name is biblical as well, yet far more common. It means something like God's glory.

Jackie E. said...

Thanks anonymous for that information about my father's name. I think he might have told me something about its origin before but I had forgotten so thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't do the bachelorette; thats not the way to find a life partner. I'm sure you dont have trouble with men or dating (if you're not already spoken for). Very interesting and impressive facts about yourself...thank you for sharing.

Track Evangelist said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I was going through Brianna's blogroll and saw your link.

I just read that your were offered a roll in American Gladiator show. Which is ironic because I just wrote a post "Bamboozled" on my site PreraceJitters.com about how U.S was robbed because the Brit show features Duaine Ladejo & some other runners. Of course, we all understand why you turned it down. Good luck this season!

http://preracejitters.blogspot.com/2008/04/bamboozled.html

Jay Hicks
Editor
www.PreraceJitters.com
News & Views On the Fast Life!
trackevangelist@preracejitters.com